Saturday, September 12, 2009

Working hard? Or hardly working?

It's a Saturday and all I can think about is finishing my presentation. I woke up this morning and went straight to the lab for three hours and then to the library for two more. Some of my research for the project had me going through Shepherd's yearbook archive. I started with 1951, where the first recognition of the radio station appeared. After that, it varied by year but I enjoyed looking through the pictures and discovered a lot about Shepherd. For instance, did you know that we used to have an aviation club back in the day? And that The Picket is one of the oldest organizations, which began in 1912?

I've decided that I would like to dedicate a couple of pages of the website to the history of the station...the full history, if I can get it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is quite interesting! I had no idea The Picket was so old and I would never think that Shepherd would have an aviation club. That is so cool. I agree with your idea to put up pages about the history of the radio station. I am certain you will not have any trouble getting the informaion!

    ReplyDelete